Thursday, April 16, 2009

booty music

all the kids wear fake tattoos, spread splotchy like her artwork all down their arms and bellies and sometimes a terradactyl finds its way to a smooth cheek, a rounded batman flies solo over the bridge of a nose and capes fly, hair flies and time is ticking slowly and i shouldnt be watching the clock but i am. im making myself sick and pinching my sides, buttoning and unbuttoning pants, coats, armor and lacing up my lips with glossy thread. stars of david in tiny hands, needle point, what type of stitch would you like. after lunch we place our hands and forearms under cool water, blood arrives through dust, knees scraped and elbows, butterfly bandaged, this is all so symbolic. we are all symbols of something else and my nail polish chips and the sun glares and i left my shades at your house, at your house, amidst (y)our things.
tiny torture chambers are my classroom and my brain, like lighting things on fire to watch them burn, i once lit a whole bundle of letters on fire in the kitchen sink at my parents and the pipes burst, black charred paper and words, my dad was furious and i drove the streets of that city, dark and dark and warm and sad, they are just words, people say, but they arent just words, they are everything. what would i be to you without them?
ive stopped learning. and so im sending myself back to school. i have become stagnant so i buy old books at the goodwill and collect pieces of paper on the walk home from the mission to mod podge in there, a story over a story, like it means something.
lets just drink juice on the deck and summon summer. im ready for her, for tanned legs and sticky necks, modest music and kisses full of time instead of tears. booty music over the bay bridge and introducing you to things i knew two years ago. lets make bracelets, glaze them, break ebony and string flowers around our wrists, take trains and unbuckle our shoes. she was too wound up for you, ill let my hair down and get muddy, laugh too loud and make people uncomfortable with my comfortableness. im all braided up for you and ready for you to say when.

No comments: