Monday, March 22, 2010

mucho gusto

we hang the laundry
in the bathroom to dry
vines of pant legs
and cotton shirts
washing my hair with cold water
is fun
the first time
i stop washing it, let it,
along with my fever
run wild
bar constitucion and were
dancing like mad, boot stops and cigarette
burns on elbows
ignite and i feel dizzy
every second
without you
these streets alone
are enough to haunt
i move from bed to bed
and the noise just rises higher and higher
the 14th floor cant hide me
but i sleep deeply
no dreams, groggy mornings
i cant get out of bed before noon
five weeks without work
and i eat a palta a day
smoke lucky strikes
walk until my feet ache
(why didnt i bring more shoes)
i have never been so scared in my life
smogged in like the mountains
im just searching for a fucking
cup of coffee
and a friend
and some shred of how i thought
this would be

my sheets are cool every night though
and i sleep with the windows open
what more can
i ask for, except for you
be here, be with me, and then poof there
you are
faces of people i meet are san
francisco
you are all here, somehow
the girl from mississipi looks like you
and i want to throw
my arms around her
hug her
tell her, oh
im so glad your here!
but ive only just met her

weve only just met santiago, sip your
piscola slowly, give me a minute
ill kiss back

No comments: