Tuesday, December 29, 2009

bear necessities

everything feels different
these days
like
tattooed hips, goose bumps, you
make my skin ache
in a good way
that taking your hair down
from a pony tail way
or putting on sweats
or taking off too tight shoes
way
ill play the same song
on repeat
until you get it
that it would take broken axels and
wildfires to
quit these
wagon wheels
ive got nothing but time
on my side
sundays in livermore
its a heatwave, dancing with uncle jack, el
vato, el vato, the
violinist
too many pigs in a blanket
all the old ladies wear
purple clothes and
ask, girl, whyd you stay
far away
we try not to talk about my mother
no one asks about you
no one knows
you
like i do, you say
over indian food, your
tummy rumbles all through the night
and i have nightmares, stale
dreams, wake up
on my back
and youre not there
not really, anyway

things feel so
very different now
i never know if we were going
to the same place
and now were all phone chatty
and text messagy
about some party, some warehouse, some thing
that happened in oakland somewhere
its just distance but it is everything

its just a feeling, but its different,
your writing will explode, you tell me
pulling me close, the hardest
youve held me in weeks
and it doesnt take much, i think, it
doesnt take much

No comments: