Tuesday, August 17, 2010

bay to break(her)

i kind of miss a god damn baby, or youre

lookin good, ma,
all

this spanish, banish, preciosa, guapa

thick whispered wachita like a

drive-by

got me all mixed up

its not my native tongue and that shits

offensive, weon

you have a way of making me feel dirty

fresh from the shower, and it takes

a lot

to make me squirm

careful what you say to me

im not your baby

i dont respond well to beautiful

if its not said

right

when its an expression of something

you dont know the meaning of

im getting wrinkles here

this special crease above my forehead, wearing

my age now

i dont even know im doing it until

i get home, through front doors, past concierge

hola, hola, buenas

elevator

low light, yellow light, mirror reflection

face relaxation and im getting hard

here

i dont wear your sunglasses anymore (id rather squint, thanks)

and im getting wrinkles

here

stressed out here, i dont apologize for bitch

here

but keep questioning why you make me act that way

(isnt this why we learn swear words and expletives in new languages first, and why they stick?)

it doesnt seem to matter

here

7am commute is the same as dark streets of the centro (aggressive, an assault)

alleys

back bars

clubs and dont you know its not safe here?

just another venue, another opportunity, another way to say

dontyoueverforasecondthinkyoucanrelax

come on now baby, you know i wasnt

always this way

No comments: